The Coat of Arms granted to the former Urban District Council has been transferred to the Bicester Town Council and is now the official Coat of Arms for the town.
The former Urban District was granted armorial bearings by the College of Arms by Letters Patent dated 19th May 1959, the blazon being:
Shield: Barry Nebuly, Or and Gules. A Hurt, Azure, charged with a Fleur de Lys, Gules.
Crest: On a wreath of Colours displaying a closed helmet proper to all civic arms; in front of a fox’s mask, two stalks of Wheat in Saltire, leaved proper.
Motto: UT TIBI SIC ALLIIS. This is translated as: Unto thyself so to others.
Please note: Usage of the Crest can only be by permission of Bicester Town Council.